22nd September 2014
Liam : A 'hybrid portrait'. An Irish artist on the Russians
Concept: A 'short' hybrid portrait - coming to life - an Irishman commenting on the world.
The Canon TS - E 90 F2.8 mm shift lens is really good for portraits.
Shooting a portrait of Liam - listening to him chatter away I suddenly thought - why not make a portrait that speaks?
It struck me his dialogue was just as important as how he looked - an extra layer.
Normally a photographer 'gets' the image - but often the insightful 'dialogue' that goes on during the shoot disappears into the ether.
So I decided to make a 'hybrid' portrait - the Canon is a 'hybrid' camera that shoots 'stills' and 'film'.
Why not use it to create engaging 'hybrid' talking portraits.
I put up my 7 D with a 70 - 300 4.5 mm zoom as well - and started to shoot both stills and film together - this is what I got !
Director, Film Maker, Photographer
- Graham Fink & Barney Edwards
- Conservative Party Election Campaign
- Pauline Amos : Use your body use your vote!
- Qantas for M+C Saatchi Australia
- STA for M+C Saatchi London
- ''Daylight photography'' by Barney Edwards
- Liam : A 'hybrid portrait'. An Irish artist on the Russians
- Barney Edwards. Commercials Archive.
- Douwe Egberts '' Choice'' Coffee commercial.
- ''Drink Vodka like a Russian...''
- Andreas Heumann